Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Timely

Thank you for all the kind words about Indigo Crossing, our current collection that is in your local quilt shops.

The intense simplicity of a 2 color collection is great fun.  You would think the options would be limiting, but you would be wrong.

It reminds me of another great 2 color combination that is quite timely right now - red and white.

Happy Valentine's Day

Today is actually famous here in the Midwest for these - 

Paczki

These Polish treats are quite popular for Fat Tuesday.  

As you see - they fit in nicely with my theme today.
Red and white can be just as dramatic in decorating as indigo and white.
ZinniaCottage shop on Etsy

Red and white has always been a favorite of mine.  This was in last August's issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.  I had lots of fun making it.

American Patchwork & Quilting August 2012 by Laurie Simpson

Red and white is gorgeous and soothing in it's simplicity.

Photo courtesy of Miss Mustard Seed
I have been having fun with red and white again..... our new fabric collection that will show soon at quilt market just happens to be red and white.  Go figure.  This is what I've been doing the last couple of days.  This is just a sneak peek until we can reveal a bit more.




Laurie

13 comments:

PattiO said...

Those red and whites are so beautiful!

Becca said...

OH! Red and white is my favorite color combination!

Becca said...

Ooooh! Red and white is my favorite color combination!

Carrie said...

GORGEOUS! What's it called? How long do we have to wait for it to be in stores?

On a side note... aren't you happy you're home and not on a Carnivale cruise in the Gulf right now?

sue said...

can't wait there si something so elegant about two color collections/combos.

CathyK said...

I want to make a red and white quilt for my sister! She is a freak for red!

Logan O'Bier said...

Yay! I want to make a snowflake quilt:)

AJ GM said...

Seriously stop with all this temptation! I'm supposed to be saving for a wedding! You've misled me with indigo crossing and now this! How is a girl to resist? I suppose using it for wedding favours would be a happy and convenient excuse ;) and the guests would be spoilt. Excellent.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous! Red & white is my kitchen decorating colour. Love its richness & elegance. And ditto what the above comment said - you keep sucking me in! Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Love the 2 color quilts but like my Paczki monochromatic....just buttercream filling :) So glad I only bought 2 on Tuesday....if I had bought a dozen I just know I would have eaten them all. SWarren

lovetostitch said...

I saw Indigo Crossings in person this past week and so much was sold out - will find it on line. It's a beautiful line! Those red and whites tho - my heart is beating!!!

sandycottage said...

Now I can buy yardage yay!!

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh how I love red! Can't wait to see the newest collection!

Blog Archive